Accountants can now become Business Rescue Practitioners, opening a new revenue stream for their businesses. In support of the application to become a Practitioner with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC), the course will equip learners with the tools and knowledge to become accredited and obtain a licence in business rescue practice. Saiba is a controlling body for Business Rescue Practitioners.
- The course will give participants the necessary knowledge to act as a Business Rescue Practitioners and empower them to advise and protect the interests of directors, creditors, shareholders or employees of a company in financial distress;
- Practitioners will be shown how to understand and practically apply the provisions of the Companies Act pertaining to all legal aspects of business rescue proceedings.
Applicants should have a relevant BCom or LLB degree involving a study of company law or an equivalent South African National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 7 qualification. A working knowledge of the Companies Act will be an advantage. A working knowledge of the Companies Act will be an advantage.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This learning programme aims to equip accountants, lawyers, auditors, financial advisors, businesspeople, liquidators, investors, managers, legal advisors, bankers and trade union representatives with the practical knowledge of implementing business rescue proceedings.
The course is prepared by UNISA and offered by the Southern African Institute for Business Accountant’s (SAIBA) training division, AcademyOne. Participants will have access to AcademyOne’s state of the art e-learning platform. Each attendee will gain access to their own online study room with weekly video tutorials, downloadable PDF course notes; discussion forums and multi-choice practise quizzes. The content is divided into manageable portions for students. Learners will also have access to telephone and online support from the instructor for the duration of the course. The dates and times to access the lecturer will be provided in the study pack. A designated student coach and administrator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with support during office hours.
Study material, tutorials and engagement will be English.
ASSESSMENT AND COURSE ACCREDITATION
To obtain the Unisa certificate of completion you need to submit the compulsory assignments and successfully complete the prepared University exam. Your final marks will be partially based on your assignments and exam results. Thereafter you may decide to apply for membership to Saiba – a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) registered professional accounting body – and accreditation for one of their professional designations.
The course commences in March 2018. The closing date for registration is 14 February 2018.
- Introduction Orientation to our online campus
- Study unit 1 Introduction, background and definitions
- Study unit 2 Grounds for commencement of business rescue proceedings
- Study unit 3 Commencement of board resolutions
- Study unit 4 Commencement of court order
- Study unit 5 Legal consequences: moratorium and protection of property interests
- Study unit 6 Effects on employment and other contracts
- Study unit 7 Post commencement: finance and ranking of claims
- Study unit 8 Effects on shareholders, directors and creditors
- Study unit 9 The business rescue practitioner: qualifications and appointment
- Study unit 10 The business rescue practitioner: powers, duties and liabilities
Meet your Academy One Presenter:
- Course material, + 1 x virtual classroom for exam preparation, + exam
Option 2:Virtual classroom
- Course material, + weekly virtual classrooms per study unit, + exam.
Pay in full:
- Pay in full before the course starts with a credit / debit card or via eft.
- You can buy this on credit. If you pay with Mobicred, you can repay the full amount in monthly affordable instalments, instead of all at once.
- If you are new to Mobicred, inorder to pay using Mobicred you'll first need to apply for a Mobicred account.
- Your Mobicred application will be processed in 1 business day once all required documents have been submitted. We will reserve your space until the application comes back.
- Once you have a Mobicred account you can use it to pay through PayU, our payment partner, to complete your order.
- The On Credit amount shown is based on 12 monthly repayments (including interest charged at 20.50% (Annual interest subject to change) per year and excluding Mobicred's set-up and service fees). Click here to open a Mobicred account.
If you are currently employed there is always the option for the employer to pay for your course as there are various benefits to your employer. Please contact me so I can further assist you with this option by replying to the e-mail or phoning me.
If you don’t qualify for credit, you can still pay for some options over instalments via debit order only.