This course will equip you with the skills to analyse and interpret financial statements for your clients. Financial analysis determines a company’s health and stability. The data gives you an intuitive understanding of how the company conducts its business and whether management employs its resources properly. Furthermore, the analysis will determine the legality of a company’s fiscal decisions and whether the firm is following correct accounting procedures. Finally, financial statement analysis is used to determine the correct taxation liability for the company.
The nature and content of financial reports and the principles and practices, which determine the quality thereof includes:
- Basic analysis and interpretation of financial statements (of private undertakings) and reporting thereon;
- basic principles of cost accounting – relevant techniques and applications;
- basic aspects of financing, financing costs and budgets; reporting and analysis.
A matric certificate or an equivalent National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 4 qualification.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Recently qualified accountants, employees within a company’s finance department and third-year accounting trainees. This includes persons who do basic accounting work (i.e. budgeting and analysis of financial and other results) in industry, trade, finance and professional services.
The course is prepared by UNISA and offered by the Southern African Institute for Business Accountant’s (SAIBA) training division, AcademyOne.
Participants will have access to AcademyOne’s state of the art e-learning platform. Each attendee will gain access to their own online study room with weekly video tutorials, downloadable PDF course notes; discussion forums and multi-choice practise quizzes. The content is divided into manageable portions for students.
Learners will also have access to telephone and online support from the instructor for the duration of the course. The dates and times to access the lecturer will be provided in the study pack.
A designated student coach and administrator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with support during office hours.
Study material, tutorials and engagement will be English.
ASSESSMENT AND COURSE ACCREDITATION
To obtain the Unisa certificate of completion you need to submit the compulsory assignments and successfully complete the prepared University exam. Your final marks will be partially based on your assignments and exam results.
Thereafter you may decide to apply for membership to Saiba – a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) registered professional accounting body – and partial accreditation for one of their professional designations.
The course commences in January 2019.
- Study unit 1 The nature and contents of financial records
- Study unit 2 The basics of financial records
- Study unit 3 The nature, characteristics and composition of financial statements
- Study unit 4 Owner’s equity and forms of enterprises
- Study unit 1 Basic analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Study unit 2 Underlying aspects of analysis and interpretation
- Study unit 3 Profitability analysis
- Study unit 4 Risk analysis
- Study unit 5 Growth analysis
- Study unit 6 Cash flow
- Study unit 1 Basic principles of cost accounting – relevant techniques and applications
- Study unit 2 Cost concepts and the nature of costs
- Study unit 3 Manufacturing costs
- Study unit 4 Standard cost accounting
- Study unit 1 Basic aspects of financing, financing costs and budgets
- Study unit 2 The cost of capital and the factors that determine the requirements for capital
- Study unit 3 Budgets of trading organisations
- Study unit 4 Budgets of manufacturing organisations
Meet your Academy One Presenter:
- Course material, + 1 x virtual classroom for exam preparation, + exam.
- *This fee can be paid at a discount of R7,500 or for the full price of R8,000 via debit order as follows, first instalment R5,000 on registration and thereafter 2 instalments of R1,500.
Option 2:Virtual Classroom
- Course material, + weekly virtual classrooms per study unit, + exam.
- *This fee can be paid at a discount of R10,950, or for the full price of R11,000, first instalment R5,000 on registration and thereafter 6 instalments of R1,500.
Pay in full:
- Pay in full before the course starts with a credit / debit card or via eft.
- You can buy this on credit. If you pay with Mobicred, you can repay the full amount in monthly affordable instalments, instead of all at once.
- If you are new to Mobicred, inorder to pay using Mobicred you'll first need to apply for a Mobicred account.
- Your Mobicred application will be processed in 1 business day once all required documents have been submitted. We will reserve your space until the application comes back.
- Once you have a Mobicred account you can use it to pay through PayU, our payment partner, to complete your order.
- The On Credit amount shown is based on 12 monthly repayments (including interest charged at 20.50% (Annual interest subject to change) per year and excluding Mobicred's set-up and service fees). Click here to open a Mobicred account.
If you are currently employed there is always the option for the employer to pay for your course as there are various benefits to your employer. Please contact me so I can further assist you with this option by replying to the e-mail or phoning me.
If you don’t qualify for credit, you can still pay for some options over instalments via debit order only.