Obtain professional recognition for your knowledge of the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) from the world’s largest chartered accountant professional body, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). Whether you are an accountant in commerce or in practice the course will provide guidance, the knowledge and the reassurance to support your employer and its clients.
- Expand or update your knowledge of the key principles of the clarified ISAs
- Use your greater familiarity with the clarified ISAs to engage with stakeholders inside and outside your organisation
- Develop your professional and governance knowledge
There is no formal admission requirement for this course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who needs to understand the principles of the clarified ISAs, including:
- finance professionals, audit staff, university students and academics, and audit committee members
- persons that need auditing or accounting as a subject to obtain the Southern Africa Institute of Business Accountants (SAIBA) designation CBA(SA) or BAP(SA).
This course will be taught by means of distance learning and communication through study guides, tutorial letters, assignments and virtual classrooms. Participants will have access to AcademyOne’s state of the art e-learning platform. Each attendee will gain access to their own online study room with weekly video tutorials, downloadable PDF course notes; discussion forums and multi-choice practise quizzes. The content is divided into manageable portions for students. The dates and times to access the lecturer will be provided in your study pack. A designated student coach and administrator will also be available on email and telephone to provide you with all the required support.
Study material, tutorials and engagement will be English.
ASSESSMENT AND COURSE ACCREDITATION
To obtain the ICAEW certificate of completion and qualify for the partial exemption for a professional accounting designation with SAIBA you need to successfully complete the ICAEW exam. There are no assignments for this course and your final mark is based on your exam results. Thereafter you may decide to apply for membership to Saiba – a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) registered professional accounting body – and partial accreditation for one of their professional designations.
The course commences in September 2018. The closing date for registration is 31 August 2018.
- Regulatory and professional standards
- Objectives of the independent auditor (ISA 200)
- Ethics and quality (ISQC1, ISA 220, 230)
- Accepting and continuing with audit engagements
- Communication with those charged with governance (ISA 260)
- Planning the audit (ISA 300,320)
- Materiality in planning (ISA 320)
- Identifying and assessing the risks of material misstatement (ISA 315,240,250)
- Responding to risks (ISA 330)
- Audit considerations relating to an entity that uses service organisations
- Using the work of others (ISA 610,620)
- Audit evidence
- Using analytical procedures (ISA 315, 520)
- Determining the extent of testing (ISA 500 and 530)
- Auditing accounting estimates
- Audit of related parties (ISA 550)
- Going concern (ISA 570)
- Auditing subsequent events (ISA 560)
- Evaluation of audit evidence
- Communicating deficiencies in internal control (ISA 265)
- Obtaining written representations (ISA 580)
- Forming an opinion and reporting on financial statements
- Comparative information (ISA 710)
- Auditors responsibilities for other information
- Reporting on summary financial statements (ISA 810)
Option 1:Virtual classroom
- Includes VAT
- Course material, + weekly virtual classrooms per study unit, + exam.
Pay in full:
- Pay in full before the course starts with a credit / debit card or via eft.
- You can buy this on credit. If you pay with Mobicred, you can repay the full amount in monthly affordable instalments, instead of all at once.
- If you are new to Mobicred, inorder to pay using Mobicred you'll first need to apply for a Mobicred account.
- Your Mobicred application will be processed in 1 business day once all required documents have been submitted. We will reserve your space until the application comes back.
- Once you have a Mobicred account you can use it to pay through PayU, our payment partner, to complete your order.
- The On Credit amount shown is based on 12 monthly repayments (including interest charged at 20.50% (Annual interest subject to change) per year and excluding Mobicred's set-up and service fees). Click here to open a Mobicred account.
If you are currently employed there is always the option for the employer to pay for your course as there are various benefits to your employer. Please contact me so I can further assist you with this option by replying to the e-mail or phoning me.
If you don’t qualify for credit, you can still pay for some options over instalments via debit order only.