This programme is targeted at middle level managers who are managing first line managers, including team leaders, supervisors, or junior managers. The course is appropriate for entities in the private or public sectors, including businesses, non-governmental organisations, or public institutions.
The programme assumes the candidate has had some years’ experience as a first line supervisor and is now ready to be introduced to a range of more advanced managerial principles and practices, which can be applied and practiced in the workplace.
This programme provides a comprehensive overview of Generic Management and will develop your knowledge in this field. The National Certificate Generic Management offers a variety of specialisations, elements included in this course are:
• Relationship Management
• Diversity and Conflict Management
• People Management
• Financial Management
• Best Practice Management
• Change Management
• Results-based Management
This qualification is set at Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework. Minimum entrance requirements include a Senior Certificate or higher (or equivalent), including Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4 and Communication at NQF Level 4.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who is a middle level manager who manages first line managers, including team leaders, supervisors, or junior managers.
The virtual classroom is delivered through the unique AcademyOne online learning platform. The classroom session is divided into 36 modules spread over 12 months. In this way you can maintain a work-life balance whilst studying and improving your professional skills.
Study material, tutorials and engagement will be English.
ASSESSMENT AND COURSE ACCREDITATION
To obtain the certificate of completion and qualify for the partial exemption for a professional designation with Saiba you need to pass all the exams. Your final mark is based on your exam results. A number of online quizzes will help prepare you for the exam. The lecturer will also host an exam preparation session online. When the results become available, you will get your certificate.
The course commences in September 2018. The closing date for registration is 31 August 2018.
- Module 1: Analyse leadership and related theories
- Module 2: Build teams
- Module 3: Empower team members
- Module 4: Use communication techniques effectively
- Module 5: Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships
- Module 6: Apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others
- Module 7: Manage a diverse work force to add value
- Module 8: Interpret and manage conflicts within the workplace
- Module 9: Conduct negotiations to deal with conflict situations
- Module 10: Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions
- Module 11: Lead people development and talent management
- Module 12: Monitor and evaluate team members against performance standards
- Module 13: Select and coach first line managers
- Module 14: Demonstrating an understanding of the key concepts of managerial finance
- Module 15: Interpret financial statements
- Module 16: Describe and prepare financial forecasts
- Module 17: Draft budgets and supervise financial management of a unit
- Module 18: Use Mathematical Techniques to Collect and Organise Data
- Module 19: Apply Mathematical Techniques to Calculate and Represent Data
- Module 20: Apply Mathematical Analysis to Indicate Economic Relationships
- Module 21: Understand the Relationship between Values, Ethics and Organisational Culture
- Module 22: Apply the Concept of Corporate Ethics to a Unit
- Module 23: Strengthen Shared Organisational Values and Ethical Practices
- Module 24: Apply the Concept of Best Practice to a Unit
- Module 25: Formulate Recommendations and Implement Best Practices
- Module 26: Understand Knowledge Management
- Module 27: Analyse a Unit according to Organisational Knowledge Management Policies and Procedures
- Module 28: Develop a Knowledge Management Implementation Plan
- Module 29: Understand techniques for promoting creativity, solving problems and making decisions
- Module 30: Create an environment that promotes innovation
- Module 31: Apply critical and analytical skills to analyse an issue or problem in order to implement change
- Module 32: Implement the change
- Module 33: Develop an operation plan for a unit
- Module 34: Monitor, assess and manage risk
- Module 35: Develop a project plan
- Module 36: Implement, monitor, measure and evaluate an operational plan
|Option 1||Full Qualification, NQF Level 5||R 17,200|
|Option 2||Leadership course (part of full qualification)||R 2,300|
|Option 3||Relationship Management course (part of full qualification)||R 2,300|
|Option 4||Diversity and Conflict Management course (part of full qualification)||R 2,800|
|Option 5||People Management course (part of full qualification)||R 4,200|
|Option 6||Financial Management course (part of full qualification)||R 1,800|
|Option 7||Best Practice Management course (part of full qualification)||R 1,900|
|Option 8||Change Management course (part of full qualification)||R 2,500|
|Option 9||Results-based Management course (part of full qualification)||R 3,000|
Pay in full:
- Pay in full before the course starts with a credit / debit card or via eft.
- You can buy this on credit. If you pay with Mobicred, you can repay the full amount in monthly affordable instalments, instead of all at once.
- If you are new to Mobicred, inorder to pay using Mobicred you'll first need to apply for a Mobicred account.
- Your Mobicred application will be processed in 1 business day once all required documents have been submitted. We will reserve your space until the application comes back.
- Once you have a Mobicred account you can use it to pay through PayU, our payment partner, to complete your order.
- The On Credit amount shown is based on 12 monthly repayments (including interest charged at 20.50% (Annual interest subject to change) per year and excluding Mobicred's set-up and service fees). Click here to open a Mobicred account.
If you are currently employed there is always the option for the employer to pay for your course as there are various benefits to your employer. Please contact me so I can further assist you with this option by replying to the e-mail or phoning me.
If you don’t qualify for credit, you can still pay for some options over instalments via debit order only.