The objective of this course is to equip students with a practical knowledge of bookkeeping to enable them to do the accounting functions of a bookkeeper in the environment of any small, medium and large business entity.
- The nature and purpose of accounting
- Business documents, recording of transactions and reconciliations
- Internal control systems and budgets
- Final accounts and adjustments
- Basic principles of business and employment taxes
- Payroll accounting
A Matric certificate or equivalent NQF qualification.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All persons who do clerical work and who are involved in the handling of business documents and bookkeeping aspects, but have no (or little) bookkeeping knowledge. The course is ideal for business owners who do not have an accounting background.
This course will be taught by means of distance education, communication through study guides, tutorial letters, assignments and solutions, which will be supplied as the course progresses. The course is prepared by UNISA and offered by AcademyOne.
Participants will subsequently gain access to AcademyOne’s state of the art e-learning platform with their own online study room with weekly video and/or podcast tutorials, downloadable PDF course notes; access to discussion forums and multi-choice practise quizzes.
Limited contact sessions will be available with industry expert guest speakers with additional telephone and online support from the course instructor for the duration of the course.
Study material, tutorials and engagement will be English.
ASSESSMENT AND COURSE ACCREDITATION
Students are required to complete a take-away exam to successfully complete the course. Once enrolled students complete the course at their own pace, the exam must be requested from the course administrators.
Upon successful completion, AcademyOne and SAIBA will issue a certificate signed by the President of SAIBA and AcademyOne lecturer.
The course commences in January 2019.
- Study unit 1 The nature and purpose of bookkeeping
- Study unit 2 The accounting equation
- Study unit 3 Business documents: cash transactions
- Study unit 4 Recording of cash transactions
- Study unit 5 Business documents: Credit transactions
- Study unit 6 Recording of credit transactions
- Study unit 7 Accounting records of close corporations
- Study unit 8 Inventory systems
- Study unit 9 Bank reconciliation
- Study unit 10 Trial balance
- Study unit 11 Final accounts and year-end adjustments
- Study unit 12 Internal controls
- Study unit 13 Budgets
- Study unit 14 Controlling of budgets
- Study unit 15 Basic principles of income tax
- Study unit 16 Pay-as-you-earn system (PAYE)
- Study unit 17 Value added tax (VAT)
- Study unit 18 The unemployment insurance fund (UIF)
- Study unit 19 The unemployment insurance fund (UIF)
- Study unit 20 Payroll accounting
Meet your Academy One Presenter:
- Course material, + 1 x virtual classroom for exam preparation, + exam.
- *This fee can be paid at a discount of R9,000 or for the full price of R9,500 via debit order as follows, first instalment R5,000 on registration and thereafter 3 instalments of R1,500.
Option 2:Virtual Classroom
- Course material, + weekly virtual classrooms per study unit, + exam.
- *R 13,950 via debit order as follows, first instalment R5,000 on registration and thereafter 6 instalments of R1,500.
Pay in full:
- Pay in full before the course starts with a credit / debit card or via eft.
- You can buy this on credit. If you pay with Mobicred, you can repay the full amount in monthly affordable instalments, instead of all at once.
- If you are new to Mobicred, inorder to pay using Mobicred you'll first need to apply for a Mobicred account.
- Your Mobicred application will be processed in 1 business day once all required documents have been submitted. We will reserve your space until the application comes back.
- Once you have a Mobicred account you can use it to pay through PayU, our payment partner, to complete your order.
- The On Credit amount shown is based on 12 monthly repayments (including interest charged at 20.50% (Annual interest subject to change) per year and excluding Mobicred's set-up and service fees). Click here to open a Mobicred account.
If you are currently employed there is always the option for the employer to pay for your course as there are various benefits to your employer. Please contact me so I can further assist you with this option by replying to the e-mail or phoning me.
If you don’t qualify for credit, you can still pay for some options over instalments via debit order only.